Opening premade bases in MultiTrans
In order to complete some of the MultiTrans tutorials, you require a TextBase and TermBase with terms in it. Premade bases will allow you to complete the MultiTrans tutorials without having to create your own bases. The TextBase and TermBase must be saved in their respective folders in your H:\MultiTrans folder.
Download the appropriate set of premade bases and save the compressed folder to your Home (H:) drive.
- Extract its contents to your Home (H:) drive. (For instructions, see the file Extracting files from a compressed folder.) The folder includes a sub-directory containing the TextBase (TextBase_WHO) and a TermBase (either TermBase_WHO.TMB3 or TermBase_WHO_fiches.TMB3).
Move the TextBase to your TextBases folder (H:\MultiTrans\TextBases).
- Select the TextBase_WHO sub-directory by clicking on it once.
- Copy and paste it in your H:\MultiTrans\TextBases folder by using Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V, or by choosing Copy and Paste from the contextual menu that appears when you right-click on a file or folder.
Move the TermBase to your TermBases folder (H:\MultiTrans\TermBases).
- Select the TermBase_WHO.TMB3 or TermBase_WHO_fiches.TMB3 file by clicking on it once.
- Copy and paste it in your H:\MultiTrans\TermBases folder by using Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V, or by choosing Copy and Paste from the contextual menu that appears when you right-click on a file or folder.
- You are now ready to open these bases and continue with the tutorial. For instructions on how to open bases in MultiTrans, see Opening a TextBase and TermBase in MultiTrans.
Tutorial created by Cheryl McBride. (2012-10-25)